Webinar: Ecosystem restoration and benefits of forests and urban trees
The first UrbanByNature webinar co-organised by REGREEN and CLEARING HOUSE projects will provide insights into the ecosystem restoration and the benefits of forests and street trees in urban areas of China. Speakers will share their experience in working collectively on initiatives that highlight benefits of forests and street trees in physical and mental health. They will highlight the restorative and cooling capacity of the urban forests and trees and will showcase initiatives applied in practice to improve urban living and address urban development challenges with urban nature. The webinar will take place on Zoom, 15:30-17:00 CST (9:30-11:00, CEST).
Part 1: REGREEN Topic: Restorative capacity of forests - science and practice (35 min) Presentations (20 min) [live presentation - 10 min each]
- Academic talk: Forest and Human health: How to use the therapeutic power of forests
- Presenter: Jun Yang, Professor, Department of Earth System Science, Tsinghua University
- Talk from city perspective: Forest Therapy and Green Benefits in Beijing
- Presenter: Qianqian Shen, Senior Project Manager, Beijing Municipal Forestry and Parks Bureau
Part 2: CLEARING HOUSE Topic: Cooling effect of urban parks and urban trees (35 min) Presentations (20 min) [live presentation - 10 min each]
- Academic talk: Simulation of the cooling effects of green and cool roofs: A case study in Hangzhou
- Presenter: Xuchao Yang, Professor, School of Oceanography, Zhejiang University
Talk from city perspective: Landscape of the Xiamen Mountain-to-Sea Trail in Xiamen
Presenter: Qiuling Chen, Senior Landscape Designer and Director, landscape institute of Xiamen Municipal Engineering Design Institute
陈秋玲 ， 资深景观设计师，厦门市政工程设计院景观所所长
CLEVER Cities and Connecting Nature have joined forces to bring the UrbanByNature programme to China. Thereby, UbN China is leveraging CLEVER Cities’ expertise...